May 14, 2010

Meet the New Dresser


Its been a beautiful day, the sun was shining finally, the birds were singing AND staying away from my car, and after several days of scanning old family photos I was itchy to get out so I hit the roads.

Today's thrift shopping paid off! Now here's a nice find from the local Salvation Army. Its a Danish Modern dresser by Johnson Carper Furniture Company of Roanoke, Virginia, a manufacturer in the 50's and 60's. It's all walnut veneer with a formica top. The slim dresser mirror can be adjusted to fit on the left, right or centered. And look at those sweet thin legs raising the whole thing so that it floats off the floor. Yes, I was smitten! And to tempt me still further there's only two little corner dings, no scuffs, scratches or anything else - it's almost like new! It now resides in the future Master Bedroom (currently my Craigslist storage room).

The wood Danish Modern ducks arrive in the mail too... only together they cover so much wall space that I may have to rethink where I was planning to hang them. No problemo! As long as my grand scheme of home retrovation continues to make progress, I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails