May 30, 2010

The Torture Continues



PAIR Danish modern nightstand tables Eames Mid century
Ohhhh, I really, really like this set. They fit the ticket. Enough that I seriously had considered going for this one myself. The walnut would match up perfectly in the bedroom. They're Danish so they would fit with the dresser. And I love the long cigar legs on these (I'm using a little table and a storage box for nightstands right now - ha!)

BUT the tops of both nightstands are badly stained with rings, rough spots and what looks like cigarette burns, i.m.h.o. (and I'm not swallowing the line that these only need a little TLC to bring them back to perfection).

Otherwise.... they do look good though...

Taking deep breathes as I watch another one slip away... It's alright, I think It'll be okay...

8 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Ooo I FEEL your pain!

Hard to let some things slip by. BUT, patience always pays off, I promise you!

If it has for me, it's gotta happen for you too.

Unless you are big on dresser scarfs and doilies to cover those stains lol...

Missouri Michael said...

hee hee hee...how about something like this? I love the lines in these, and at $10 for the pair, you could have them refinished!

http://springfield.craigslist.org/fuo/1767261495.html

Space Commander said...

Atomic Ranch, I sure hope so because there's no room for foo-foo doilies in this man cave!

Michael, I've got so many restoration projects going on right now that the old homestead looks more like a reclaimation center ;)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

lol!!

Doc Atomic said...

Everything comes around again, and in the condition you want and at the price you can afford. Time and again I've missed out on a vintage robot or space gun -- rare, rare pieces that I never expected to see again. Then, lo and behold, I ended up stumbling on them some time later and bringing them home for a fraction of what I'd have paid the first time.

Stay strong, keep hunting, never say die! (Or something like that.)

Space Commander said...

Doc, do you find most of your space toy shopping in person at conventions or on the auctions?

For me anyway, it seems like I can find better bargains on eBay... when I see the same things at shops they're charging several times as much. Plus most love to pass off any contemporary Chinese knockoff as being vintage (which really annoys the heck out of me)! I won't buy anything from dealers who I see doing that.

Anonymous said...

Thought you might want to know (if not already) that your night stands are actually Broyhill Sculptra Premier, not Danish, but meant to look like it. Still way cool and very sturdy (at least my credenza of the same line is).

doppelpack im einsatz said...

Good reading

Related Posts with Thumbnails