June 15, 2010

"Shooby Dooby Wah-Waaaaa"

The home tour takes a break today so that I can take a moment to fulfill a request and share an update.

And thank goodness! ...because that perky tour guide was really starting to get on my last nerve :P


First, we have a listener request for this little number (I feel so like a DJ now!). It's an oldie but a goodie called "Dutch Door, Amour" by Miki and the Atomics (I didn't say I was a good DJ) and we'd like to send this one out to Michael at the Fab Cul-de-sac Shack.... take it away!


And I remember when Dad installed this Dutch Door too! So that'd make it 70's sometime? These doors were popular for a long time, through out the mid-century. At some later point Dad had bolted the two halves together permanently. Originally there was a latch mounted above the doorknob for locking the top section to the bottom.



Next up on the turntable is the unforgettable tune "Put a Hot Red Sling Chair Cover Over My Broken Heart." Oh, the memories that brings back...

I found this red w/ white trim cover along with a collapsable 60's frame for less than the cost of ordering a new cover alone. What a deal! My 50's butterfly chair looks happy again in it's new threads. And the collapsable frame means we can go camping in style on our next trip. I'd be jealous if I were you!


That's all folks! Thanks for tuning in today, and be sure to come back tomorrow for more of your classic favorites. This is your friendly Space Commander signing ooo-off . . .

6 comments:

Missouri Michael said...

Thanks for the pics of the door! I love Dutch doors...if I had a back door (that was in the house, not the garage) I'd be looking for one!

Space Commander said...

NP Michael, happy to oblige ;)

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Can you unbolt the door? That's what I'd be trying to do. ;)

M.W said...

I have the exact same, ridiculously unPC shopping list board hanging in our kitchen! Wow...

Great door...always reminds me of an old stable (in a good way). All you need is Mr. Ed...

renee

Space Commander said...

It's a small world, ain't it Renee?? My Mom loved collecting the Mammy-themed kitchen ware: S&P shakers, cookie jars, teapots, dish towels. I've made some changes, but to me this kitchen will always be Mom's.

Oh, and I've already been wondering how to free the upper door section without doing a lot of damage. I'd like to have it swing open again too!

"Wi-i-i-ilbuuur..." (sorry!)

fromsophiesview said...

Love it, Love it, Love it...more..I want more of this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails