December 30, 2010

1950's Space Traveler Paint By Numbers Set


1950's Space Traveler Paint By Numbers Set + Box

And another one slips away... well, this one went quite a bit beyond that, finally selling for a grand sum of 89 smackers *sigh* ...I bid boldy and still got my tail whooped!

I've been watching this one all week - an unused vintage space paint-by-numbers set, complete with 6 unpainted canvases of rockets, spacemen and other worlds! Junior has a few paint-by-numbers works of art in his bedroom, but nothing quite like this to go along with it's space cadet theme. Do you think the manufacturers at the time had any clue that their work would someday become so collectible?

I was so tempted... and I tried but as is often the case with my eBay bidding, it was not to be... I'll just have to settle for painting my own :)

It might even be fun, considering I haven't done one of these since the set I got for Christmas when I was about 10 years old!

3 comments:

Uncle Atom said...

Wow, that's a great set, sorry you didn't win it. I'm just starting to get interested in PBNs, very kitsch.

Space Commander said...

I'd never seen a set this complete before, so I copied all the images to my hard drive for future reference.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oh jeepers!!

I did a post on ONE space PBN selling for... $120, I think. These are rare by eBay standards, but $89? Unpainted?

Hmmmm yer artistic, you could paint them up using the designs. That's what I'm going to do with some gravel art when I can get to the pet store and buy a bunch of aquarium gravel lol...

Related Posts with Thumbnails